Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Wednesday, April 5 chapter 1---accountable talk




OUR MISSION IS STUDENT SUCCESS…ACADEMIC, ARTISTIC, AND HUMANISTIC

45 Prince Street at University                                Rochester, NY  14607                                242-7682
 






ATTENDANCE ON PROM DAY



I understand that in order for my SOTA student to attend prom on June 9, 2017 from 7:00 pm – 11:00 pm he/she must be present periods 1-5 in order to attend Prom. 

I do give permission for my SOTA student to be dismissed after 11:30 am.

Please dismiss my child ____________________________________________ at ______________
                                                                (Student Name)                                                    (Time of Dismissal)

I can be reached at 585 - _____________________ if you have any questions.


_________________________________________                      ___________________________
Print/Sign Name                                                                             Date


Please return this form to Ms. Moffett in the Main Office.

 *********************************************************************************

 




INVITED GUEST WHO IS ATTENDING HIGH SCHOOL


Dear Principal/Administrator:
           
School of the Arts will be celebrating our Junior/Senior prom on Saturday, June 9, 2017 at the Eagle Vale Country Club.  It has come to our attention that a student from your school has been invited to join us in our celebration.  We are very excited to share this evening with your student, who we expect to be in good behavior and academic standing.  To that end we would ask that you complete this form ensuring us that your student will be able represent your school in the manner in which we would all expect.   

Please complete the form below and fax (585) 256-6580 it scan it back to us ASAP.

Thank you for your cooperation!


SOTA Student name____________________________________________________________

Guest Name______________________________   Guest School________________________


  1. Is this student in good academic standing?  Yes_____     No_____

      Comments:  _______________________________________________________________

  1. Would this student be eligible to attend an event at your school?   Yes____    No____

Comments: ________________________________________________________________

  1. Has this student attended school 90% of the school year?
       Good______    Fair______   Poor______

Comments: ________________________________________________________________


Signature of Principal/ Administrator __________________________________________


Sincerely,

JoAnn M. Aspenleiter

JoAnn Aspenleiter – 585-242-7682 ext. 6333
Junior/Senior Class Administrator School of the Arts


*****************************************************************************************



Novemb



GUESTS NOT ATTENDING SCHOOL


Dear Parent of a SOTA student,

Your School of the Arts student is requesting permission to bring a guest to prom who is currently not attending high school.  At this time we ask that you vouch for your child’s date by completing the following information:

SOTA Student Name: _________________________________________________________

Guest Name:  ________________________________________________________________

Guest’s Age and Birthdate:  ____________________________________________________
                                                               (Guest cannot be 21 years old or older)

Phone number where you can be reached during the hours of 7:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m. if needed:


                        Home - ______________________________________________

                        Cell - _______________________________________________


Please Note:  The guest must be prepared to turn over his/her photo ID upon entering the Eagle Vale Country Club for the duration of the evening. If the guest does not have a photo ID, he/she will not be able to enter the ballroom.


Sincerely,




Jo Ann M. Aspenleiter
Assistant Principal, School of the Arts
(585) 242-7682 ext. 6333

*******************************************************************************

 

 

 



               

2017 Prom Promise





I understand that attendance at the School of the Arts Junior-Senior Prom carries certain obligations for me and any guest I may choose to bring.
I understand that I will not attend the prom under the influence of any of any controlled or illegal substance.  I will not use alcohol or other drugs before or during the prom. I understand that if, chaperones suspect that I am under the influence of any such substances, they will refuse entrance to me and my guest and that no refund will be issued. 
I understand that I will not leave Eagle Vale once I enter the building.  I will be required to stay within the confines set by the chaperones.  I may not go out to a limousine, car or walk around the area.  I understand that once I do choose to leave the building, I will not be able to return inside.
I agree to abide by all decisions and instructions of the chaperones. Any guest I choose to bring will also abide by all these instructions.  My guest and I will willingly leave our ID’s at the door upon check in and will pick them up at the conclusion of the prom.

____________________________________________
(Student Name) – PRINT

____________________________________________
(Student Signature)

____________________________________________
(Name of Guest) – PRINT

____________________
(Date)
 ********************************************************************************


Coming up: Ethan Frome vocabulary 2
another copy below. Handed out yesterday. Did you miss the quiz?

Have you turned in the Prologue responses? Tomorrow is the last day to turn them in, as we are going over this in class. After tomorrow it is only worth 50 points. (Handed out on Wednesday, March 29)

Accountable talk for chapter 1 pages 15-22 (class handout)
           What you do not finish in class, complete for homework.

Quick content quiz tomorrow.


Accountable Talk
ACCOUNTABLE TALK DIRECTIONS
1.       Make sure you have a copy of Ethan Frome
2.       Get with your assigned partner. Bring your copy.
3.      Now you will take turns reading to each other. Read a paragraph and stop.
4.   Choose one of the accountable talk “your responses” and reflect on what you have just read. Do not summarize the passage, but make a reflective observation.
7.       Your partner then will respond from the “your comments” column.
Your responses:                                                                                               
· I discovered that…

· I noticed that…

· I wonder…

· I was confused…

· This reminds me of…

· I predict that…

· I like…

· I didn’t like…
· I think…


Your comments:
· I agree because…

· I disagree because…

· In my opinion…

· Why do you think that?

· Can you tell me more about that?

· Why do you feel that way?

· Can you show me?

· Can you explain that another way?



Ethan Frome vocabulary 2                                    quiz on Tuesday, April 4

1.    obscure-  (adjective)-  uncertain, concealed
2.    incredulous- (adjective)- disbelieving, mistrustful, suspicious
3.    opulence- (adjective)- great wealth or luxuriousness
4.    latent- (adjective)-not yet developed, in a budding state
5.    disconsolate- (adjective)-downcast, downhearted, unhappy
6.    to obliterate -(verb)-to completely destroy, wipe out
7.    squalid – (adjective)-extremely dirty or unpleasant, especially because of neglect
8.    pauper- (noun)-a very poor person
9.    exultation- (noun)- a feeling of supreme happiness

10.                       to cower0 (verb)-to crouch down in fear

No comments:

Post a Comment